Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Tribute

I thought that I would take Tasha's comment and run with it. Getting rid of the old sofa IS the end of an era. It was a good ol' couch. It withstood many a day and night of rough-housing.

For example:
That's Tasha's husband, standing on the arm and the back of my couch. I remember that night, I think it was roughly midnight or so when I took this picture. It's so much fun to have close friends. You know, friends that feel comfortable standing on your couch...with their shoes on! Love you, Scotty!!

No, really, there was nothing you could do to this thing that would hurt it!

4 comments:

connorcolesmom said...

Darlene,
Thank you for your comment!
I know God is in control and He keeps confirming it but it doesn't make is easier.
I just want to be in His will but my flesh wants to take the reigns and start making some decisions NOW :)
BTW: I love the picture of your friend on the couch - that is the laugh I needed today!
Blessings,
Kim

Alana said...

Love that. Those friends are the best kind!

Anonymous said...

Oh no,haha! This picture made me laugh after my horrible day! Reminds me of something my brother would do! Is that a wrestler pose he's in because i've seen my brother do that while saying something like do you want a WWF smackdown!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

This made me smile for so many reasons...

1 - good friends are such blessings

2 - ya'll being the type of family that lets furniture just be furniture. You gotta have fun!

3 - a new couch for new memories! Maybe he can break that one in...maybe...