Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Back to my little story. So, Eric woke me up yesterday right in the middle of a dream. I was getting ready to take a bite out of a piece of fried chicken (I know, that's sad) and he woke me up! How rude was that? Well, on my way to see my sister I passed a Chick-fil-A and had to have some nuggets. No, I don't want to know the calories, thankyouverymuch! Before that, I passed a Krispy Kreme with the "HOT NOW" sign on. It was ALL I could do to not turn in.
Here is where I caved...big time.
I sat in the parking lot of Chick-fil-a and ate my 8 piece nuggets, after I squeezed the oil off of them with a napkin. Yes, I did that. This too is sad. It did make me feel better about eating them, so if it works, it works. The problem was, I was sitting there facing the Krispy Kreme "HOT NOW" sign.
Confession time: I ate a donut. Nope, I ate two.
Here's the part that kind of stinks. My stomach hurt so bad on the way home from all of the fat! I haven't had that much fat and sugar at one time for awhile now. It was so totally NOT worth it girls!
My husband was ever so loving to look up the calories in those donuts, and lets just say that I was at Curves first thing this morning!
Here is a picture from Thanksgiving of me and my sister. I actually have two sisters. I am not sure where the other one was during this photo session. I will have to get her in the next one. My dad took these. He was being kind of ornery, which explains the first picture!
Monday, November 26, 2007
1. This is my favorite wall in my house:
2. I love pictures (like you didn't know that already!)
3. I am 32
4. I have lived in the same town for all but maybe a year of my life.
5. I want to move somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight...
6. I can usually think of a song for EVERYTHING -- ask Tasha, she'll tell you!
7. I worked in a bank for a long time before staying home with the kids.
8. I loved working at a bank
9. I might go back to banking soon... who knows??
10. I like to sing
11. I sing in the church choir
12. I sang in the school choir in high school
13. I also played on the high school tennis team.
14. Tennis is my favorite sport and running is second.
15. I used to play the piano.
16. I wish now that I would have practiced more and stuck with it
17. two of my kids take piano and I want Ben to take too.
18. It's been fun to see them learn how to play
19. I want them to stick with it so they won't be sorry later on in life.
20. I have played on the church volleyball, softball and bowling teams.
21. I have been in charge of VBS at my old church.
22. THAT is a lot of work, so kudos to all of you that have been there!
23. We went on a cruise with our best friends about 5 years ago
24. Tasha got me to sing Karaoke with her.
25. We sang Rocky Top -- it was pretty funny!
26. I would love to visit New York sometime and California
27. We took the kids to Disney World a few years ago with my parents.
28. They are still talking about it, that's cool.
29. We love to visit our family in Alabama
30. They're the best darn family a girl could have!
31. I graduated from high school in 1993
32. I was an average to above average student that could have applied herself a little more. ;)
33. I am blessed enough to have three best friends
37. I love them all
38. I also have two sisters
41. I love them too!
42. I like to read, when I have time.
43. I like the Cape Light series from Thomas KInkade/ Katherine Spencer
44. I am running out of things to say
45. I don't care for the snow and ice
46. I might just be happy not to have to deal with snow very much...ever.
47. We got like a million inches on Valentines Day last year.
48. Maybe it was more like 19 or something
62. I have been married for 11 years.
63. We lived in Chicago for 5 months after Eric graduated from Purdue. We hated it.
64. We were young with a new baby
65. I got pregnant with Ethan 6 weeks after we got married.
66. The honeymoon was over real quick!
67. I wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world
68. He was going to be a n only child, but Sarah came along 3 1/2 years later.
69. Ben was 19 months after her.
70. I think we're done with the baby thing
71. Unless the Lord chooses to trust us with another one
72. I have 15 nieces and nephews, 6 girls and 9 boys
73. They range from 4 months old to 21 years old
74. I went to Toys R Us at 5AM on Black Friday --- DUH!!
75. I like to scrapbook
76. Which goes along with the whole loving pictures thing
77. I have really enjoyed blogging
78. I have met some wonderful people through it
79. It has been nice to know that I go through a lot of the same things that they all go through
80. I am really getting stuck now
82. The best restaurant we have in our town is Applebee's
83. The only bigger store we have is Wal-Mart and it's not super either
84. I would like to live in a bigger town
85. I am most comfortable in jeans and sweatshirts
86. I like to dress up on occasion
87. I did find a black dress to take on our cruise
88. I was excited about that
89. We are really looking forward to the time away
90. just the two of us
91. It's a cruise with Christian artist, so we can't wait
92. It will be fun, fun, fun
93. Is anyone still reading this?
94. I was going to do the Christmas Home Tour thingy that Boomama is doing, but I didn't have the time to figure out how to link up and all of that
95. Someday I will figure all of that out
96. Thanks Alana, for being such a faithful comment poster!
97. I enjoy getting comments from all of you that take the time to do it
98. I know that it's hard sometimes to leave comments on lots of blogs
99. But I do appreciate them
100. Yee Haw --- Love ya ALL!!
over and out!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Well, around these parts we feel the need to bundle up and walk downtown for a parade filled with floats covered in Christmas lights and such. Oh and there is the candy that is rock hard because, well, it's frozen. Nothing will make you feel colder than seeing the high school dance team walking down the middle of the street in thier short skirts and nude colored pantyhose. I mean seriously, do they not have pants?
All of this was after a very LONG day of shopping with my sisters. We started our day off at 3 A.M. in Meijer. We were in line for some "hot" items and we actually lasted until 5P.M. That is dedication at it's best. I think that this was the first time that I shopped all day on Black Friday. Usually I will go early and then come home to go to bed and then I finish on another day. I have never seen such long lines at the checkouts. It was fun and I did get some really good buys. The best one was Sarah's Christmas dress which was regularly $60 and I got it for like $15.It's soooo pretty. I am sure there will be a picture of her in it on here shortly.
Did any of you go shopping?
Here are the pictures from the parade.
Did I mention I had been up since 3? This was the last thing that I wanted to do, but Ethan sings in the Children's Choir and they were in the parade.
Cassidy's dad works at a bank in town and they had a float, so here she is all bundled up, strolling down the street.
Did you say Candy?
This was the float the Eric's company did. It's a farris wheel with gingerbread men riding on it.
The loot... so far
You can't tell, but they are totally frozen.
The last float... yee haw! Then we had to walk at least a thousand blocks to our car. Maybe it was more like 6, but it felt like 1000!
Thursday, November 22, 2007
We had such a good time this morning at the Turkey Trot. There were over 300 runners, this is more than they have ever had. I was pretty happy with my time of 43min40sec. (or so). I shaved over 5 minutes off of my time from last year, I was excited about that. Eric finished ahead of me by about 3 minutes and David, my bff Tiffany's man, totally blew me away. He placed 9th overall and second in his age division. Go David!
The Lord was so gracious in giving us a wonderful morning to run after we had a whole day of rain yesterday. I'm talking downpour people. There was no snow or ice... it was perfect.
My mom came and walked the mile with the kids. Sarah and Nic, my nephew, finished first and Ben was second. They ran the whole mile! Ethan stayed with my mom and walked it.
This is Staci(pink), Melinda(red) and Jessie. Staci is Eric sister, Melinda is married to his older brother and Jessie is her daughter.
David with his awesome clear blue plastic, kinda glassy looking, trophy. You go David, you are a machine. I think his time was 25min.40sec. ...or something crazy like that!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
|You Are Mashed Potatoes|
Oridnary, comforting, and more than a little predictable
You're the glue that holds everyone together.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Monday, November 19, 2007
So this weekend we had two Thanksgiving dinners to attend. The first one was on Saturday, at my mom and dad's and the second one was on Sunday evening at Eric's mom and dad's. Oh and I shot a 22. I haven't shot a gun in like 18 years. I actually hit the Diet Coke can that my bro-in-law put in the field. It was kinda fun. Unfortunately, we don't have any picture proof, but believe me, I did it.
After many years of trying, we finally got a good picture of all of the Rogers grand kids. This is some crew, so this picture is nothing short of a miracle. Dustin, the oldest, is graduating in the spring, so this could quite possibly be the last one with all of the kids in it. The ages are 17,15,10,8,7,6,5,3,2,1,& 4 months. Whew! Holidays are energetic, to say the least.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
I told her that she couldn't retire until all of my kids got through K... she's free after May!
I am in my third year of cutting things out of the magazines for EACH and EVERY letter of the alphabet. One letter a week, PLUS about 12 colors. One color a week for 12 weeks. Although I do understand the importance of this activity, you know, the finding and cutting and gluing and whatnot--all important. However, the creative juices just don't flow too well. Not to mention the fact that I want to cut all of the jagged edges off of the pictures that the kids have so carefully cut out all by themselves.
I try to refrain from this so that it keeps it's kindergartner flair. It's hard, I'm tellin' ya.
So, much to my delight, I found a paper in Ben's bag on Friday attached to a turkey with the instructions that we needed to disguise Tom Turkey so that he won't get eaten on Thanksgiving. Best of all, we needed to do it together, as a family. This was so fun! So look at the picture below and try to find Tom.
I think I'm going to pass Kindergarten...again. Oh, and I promise that I let the kids help. Just not with the cutting.
The next picture is just for fun. I saw this shirt at Gymboree and thought it fit fairly well!
Saturday, November 10, 2007
I've been in the midst of changing a few things in my life, one being my weight. It has been a slow and steady process, and I have shed 34.5 pounds this year. I have about 26 to go before I get to my goal weight. It's amazing what can happen when you realize that YOU are not in control of things, but GOD is. Like I said, it's been a long process, but the rewards have been worth it. I know you've heard it before, but it's not a diet, it's a change in lifestyle. It's been good for me not only physically, but mentally and spiritually.
I am a work in progress!
I guess these boots were a bit of a reward.
So, if you read a post on here soon about me having to go to the hospital and get a cast because I broke my ankle trying to walk in these things... don't be too surprised!