Tuesday, January 22, 2008

There has to be a volume knob somewhere!

I wish that I had a microphone so that I could share with you all the sheer blessing of having 5 school aged children talking at the same time, very loudly. Today was a half day at school, so they're home early. All of this after spending the morning in Ben's class celebrating the 100th day of school.
Have you ever counted to 100, like 22 times in a row? I had the honor of doing the center with the 10 plates with the 10 different snacks on them and the kids had to put 10 of each in their baggie. Cheerios, raisins, goldfish, marshmallows, crackers, Crispix, you get the picture. Notice the lack of candy in that list because candy is bad, bad, bad. At least that's what the school says anyway. I won't go there.


I finally got Eric to fix the sink last night. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as we thought, but there was a leak and it was causing some damage. We will have to replace the floor of the cabinet and we are drying out the moisture as we speak. I think I will be able to start working on the painting soon. Yeah!!


Well, the kids are done with their hot chocolate, so I better go clean up the kitchen.


Does anyone have some earplugs I can use?



2 comments:

Alana said...

That picture is a classic. Surely one to be used for blackmailing purposes in the future ;-)

Our 100th day of school is coming up soon as well...it is funny how similar our kindergarten experiences are!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I love that shot. It looks like such a fun place to be.

I miss 100 day...I was a math teacher :) Such fun stuff.