Monday, October 22, 2007

We Are Living Lesson Books

The scripture for my quiet time today was I Corinthians 4:16-17 and 10:31- 11:1. The lesson dealt with what kind of example are we for our kids. Kids will learn far more from watching us than they will from listening to us. The longer that I am a mom, the more I am noticing this. Sometimes it can make you happy.... and sometimes it can be very humbling. I am going to strive to be aware of the example that I am setting for my kids. I know I can't be perfect, but I can improve...alot!

Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, who is my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, and he will remind you of my ways which are in Christ, just as I teach everywhere in every church. I Cor. 4:16-17 NAS

Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offence to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God; just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit but the profit of the many, so that they may be saved. Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ. I Cor. 10:31- 11:1 NAS

The question that was asked was this; Can you confidently proclaim with Paul "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ?

No comments: