Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Encounter is Here!

This group has been at our old church this week. I love this ministry. They have been coming to Calvary Union for 5 or 6 years in the fall for a week of revival meetings. I am not kidding when I say that this is the best revival team EVER (in my opinion :) ). For those of you that know Suzi, this is the team that her bro-in-law, Jake, sang with. My very good friend Tiffany sang with them also. Actually, Calvary has had 5 kids tour with them at various times. I wish that I would have known about them when I was right out of high school because I would have loved it!

The last three nights have been absolutely amazing. The team sings and performs short dramas about the things that happen in our everyday lives and how most Christians handle them. Last nights drama was about a fallen brother that needed other Christians to pick him up and take him back to Christ. One believer wanted to help, after much hesitation, and one was afraid to "touch" him because of what others might think. It just showed how we, as believers, can be so quick to condemn and turn our backs on other believers that have fallen into some kind of sin for fear of what other people will think of us.

Tonight they did one on how we fight amongst ourselves and it is usually for no good reason. The sermon was on Harmony between believers. Isn't it strange how we are supposed to be filled with the joy of Jesus, yet every church has issues with bickering and disunity?

The message that has meant the most to me so far was the one from Monday night. It was on Brokenness and what it really means. Wow! I learned so much that I didn't understand about this subject. The Lord was really doing a work in that church last night, it was amazing.

I also LOVE singing the songs that this group brings along for praise and worship. Tonight we sang "In Christ Alone" and "How Great is Our God" ----It was absolutely beautiful to hear the praise go up. The team sang " Bow the Knee" along with two others that were new to me. They have such wonderful voices.

Needless to say, this is going to be a busy and late week for us, but it will be well worth it!

These pictures are from the bonfire that we had after church Sunday night.



Nick has been on the team for a few years. He and Tiffany are good buddies!
This is Tiffany with Jonny, the brother of her boyfriend. Tiffany actually met her boyfriend, David, when they traveled on the team together.

David and Tiffany at the ballpark this summer. Are they not the cutest things you ever did see?Can I get a collective "Awwww"? I love them soooooo much!
He is at school, studying to be a doctor and she just got accepted into nursing school. They would like to be on the mission field some day.

2 comments:

Alana said...

SUPER cute!!

Sounds like you're in for a great week!

Anonymous said...

Heart melting and a half Darlene.. So glad to see you so much lately!!! Makes my heart smile :o) See you tonight punkin'!