Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Calendar Boy

This week is Parent-Teacher Conferences/Fall Break. Today the kids got out of school at 10:15. I thought it would be nice to take the kids to McDonald's for lunch so, you know, I didn't upset their healthy lunch routine that they have at school!

Oh.my.goodness.

I promise you that just about every child from 6th grade and up was at McDonald's today for lunch! I have never seen so many unaccompanied minors in my life...ever! It was craziness. My mind was racing with all sorts of questions like, What are these kids going to do all day? And, where on earth are the parental units? And, could these kids seriously talk ANY louder?

You should have seen all of the "regulars" a.k.a. "older" people. You could just tell that they were saying, "These kids are invading our space."

It was nuts!!

The rest of the day was rather uneventful. The kids had piano lessons and Ben got his picture taken for a calendar. This is the second year that he has done this. The calendar helps with Child Abuse Prevention. The theme is "What I Want to Be" and Ben dressed up like an Air Force pilot. We know a man who was a pilot in the Air Force and is now a pilot for Southwest. He let us use his helmet, flight suit and hat, and we also used my dad's Air Force throw. The pictures turned out so good! I'll have to post one when I get them.

Here is the picture from last years calendar.

By the way, if you think about it, say a little prayer for me, because I have gotten used to my quiet afternoons, and this week will NOT be quiet!!

No comments: