So, this is the extent of our evening. Ben is reading the library notice from school to me and I am watching Rachel Ray. Oh, never mind, he decided it wasn't as exciting as he thought. You know, things just don't happen much around here.
I guess that I will write about my quiet time. I am doing the devotional book called "The Power of a Positive Mom", and today's lesson was on prayer. I think that I am going to hover on this chapter for this week because it is so full of scripture that don't want to overlook. One of the sections that I got the most out of was the one on praying specifically for your kids. The author lists several items to pray about specifically. Here are a few of them.
1. They will come to know Christ and serve Him (Romans 10:9-11)
2. They will recognize evil and hate it. (Psalms 97:10)
3. They will be kind and forgiving to others. (Eph. 4:32
4. They will have the courage to stand up for what is right. (Joshua 1:7)
5. They will have respect for authority. (Rom.13:1)
6. Pray for their future spouse. (2 Cor. 6:14-17)
7. Pray for a hedge of protection around them. (Hosea 2:6)
Even though we know that the Lord knows our every need (Matt 6:8), we pray because he tells us to bring all our request to him.
If you know me well (Tasha) you know that just about everything I think of or talk about will bring me to a song, which I will usually start to sing... no matter who's around. So here is the song that this lesson brought me to:
What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear.
What a priviledge to carry, everything to God in prayer.
Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear.
All because we do not carry everthing to God in prayer.