Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Casting All Your Cares on Him

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. - I Peter 5:7

I was going to have a Wordless Wednesday today, but after doing my quiet time, I decided to write a little something about that. Today's lesson was on worry and casting our cares on Him. We all have our own unique list of things that prompt us to worry. Some may be finances (that's a big one), our children's safety, or what others think of us. Some of us may worry about all of these plus some! Sometimes we can feel as if we are drowning in the imaginary oceans we create with our persistent worrying.(The last sentences is right from the book The Power of a Positive Mom.)
I have lead myself to believe that I am not much of a worry wart. After doing today's lesson, I think a little differently. How can you be human and not worry sometimes, especially as a mom? This doesn't make it right or okay. The Bible says in Phil 4:6-7 that we are to "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, through prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

Faith and worry(or fear) are complete opposites. When we are living in worry and fear, we cannot be living in faith. What this means is that we are basically saying that we don't think that God is going to come through for us, so we are going to concern ourselves with the problem. I would rather have faith than fear. In Hebrews 11:6 it says, "And without faith it is impossible to please God."

I think that I have some work to do in the area of worry. Pleasing God is going to be far more rewarding than fearing what I cannot control.

This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.
- I John 5:14-15

1 comment:

Alana said...

You have NO idea how much I needed to hear this today. This is a constant struggle for me, but today was an especially hard day. Thanks Darlene.