Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mandisa, purple cabbage & golf?

I finally bought Mandisa's CD today. I LOVE IT!! My Favorite: Only the World. I have a feeling that I am going to know every word to that song by the end of this weekend!

Nothing out of the ordinary is happening around here this week. Next Friday we are going to a PC&D concert so, Yeah to that!! Tomorrow I don't have Cassidy, so I think that I might go and try on jeans. After reading BigMama's fashion post, I decided that I need to find some new ones! In the afternoon I have to go to the kids' school and help with a purple tasting party in Ben's class. Do you know how hard it is to find healthy purple things to eat? Our schools up here started this wellness policy this year so absolutley no sweets for birthdays OR class parties- period. Personally I think it's a little much, but whatever. (Do you sense my attitude about this subject?) Most 5 year olds won't eat purple cabbage....

I watched a DVD last week from my cousin's church about Golf and God. He talked about staying on course and avoiding the traps that this world has to offer. I think he mentioned how, just as in golf, in this life there's always going to be traps that we have to avoid in order to reach our ultimate goal as Christians. And even though the course is long and hard, we must finish it. Not just finish it, but finish it well. There was much more to it and I know that I was VERY challenged by his message. I had to ask myself, "Am I just playing the course, or am I doing my best to finish it the very best that I can?" What's so amazing about this whole thing is that the week before I watched this I had been asking myself, What am I doing to further the kingdom? Will I hear "Well done, good and faithful servant?" This will be a message that I will never forget. The Lord knows what you need to hear and when you need to hear it, for that I am truly thankful.




1 comment:

Alana said...

Yeah, purple cabbage would not go over well with my kindergartner. How about purple grapes or grape juice or, yeah that's all I've got and I'm sure you've already thought of those.

By the way, I grew up in Columbus. It does seem like we have quite a bit in common!

I've been asking myself similar questions in the spiritual category lately.