Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Avery Grace was born this morning at 8:08am. She is 7lbs. 15oz. and is 20 1/2 inches long. Her mommy and daddy are our best friends, Scott & Tasha. Big sister, Maggie, couldn't be any prouder. When she left today she whispered "I love you" so softly in her baby sister's ear. It was so precious.

I was so honored that Scott & Tasha wanted me to be there this morning when Avery entered this world. She is a beauty. Tonight, Eric and the kids and I went up to the hospital to visit and take turns holding Avery. I was so lucky to be on diaper duty when she let loose of her first baby poop! :) It was a good'un, too! She made her father so proud.

After Eric and the kids left, I stayed with Tasha while Scott went to get a sandwich. We spent quite a few minutes being educated about nursing, through a power-point presentation. Those things are always more fun to watch with a good friend. We laughed more than a few times! We actually learned a few thing, too. Not that I'll be needing any of this information!

Avery's middle name came from a baby's story that has touched so many people over the last few months. His GRACE is sufficient in anything.

We love you, Avery Grace. I hope you're ready for some serious lovin'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I have heard that this is an amazing experience. Still waiting to experience it. I have three chldren all adopted. I cannot have children, but long to share this ecperience with others.