Thursday, May 8, 2008

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

I just spent a crazy amount of time painting a pinewood derby car.



Yes, you read that right.




Our church is having a race on Saturday and I had the great idea of entering the adult race. It may not be the fastest one but it just might be the most colorful! I had to use the colors that the boys picked out for me. I couldn't leave one out.


Some of these people are serious about this whole thing. It's so funny because it's mainly for the kids, but some of the adults spend hours on their cars. Take for instance this one from last year. I think that was my favorite. The guy who made this is a pilot for Southwest.


Here are the kids' cars. I helped Sarah with hers. She wanted a cupcake on it.
This is, or should I say was, Ethan's car. Eric bought something to spray on it to make it glossy and it turned it white. Opps! There's going to be some last minute painting going on tomorrow night!
And here is Ben's car. He did most of the painting all by himself.

I'm going to go now because I can't for the life of me think of anything else to say tonight. I think I need some bloggy rejuvenation. I just can't seem to think of things that are very blog- worthy lately.
I do play my first softball game of the season tomorrow night, that has great potential to create something to blog about!

3 comments:

Alana said...

Have fun at the race!

Fran said...

Well, if those aren't the cutest!
Have fun and hope you win! :)

Hugs~
Fran

~*Kathi*~ said...

wow, those are some really neat looking cars. I think that yours is just divine!! :)
hugs and love,
Kathi