Tuesday, May 13, 2008

And Finally, My Mother's Day

I had mentioned that we were going to take part in a pinewood derby race at our church last weekend.Well, we didn't win any races with our cars, but Sarah's car won 2nd for design in her age group.



Here are the two coolest cars in the adult division. I told you some of these people take this very seriously!


It a bird, it's a plane....


This was made by our church bus driver. It's our church bus, complete with an aisle down the middle and kids in the seats.

I also had a wonderful Mother's Day. The kids made me all sorts of cards and drawings at school and Sarah filled out this paper that said I was as beautiful as a beautiful butterfly. I was also glad to find out that she wouldn't trade me for even a toy and she said in the good old days I sat on my knees.


Okay.

She also made me a necklace with a clay pendant on it that said I Love You. Ben made this silhouette for me and then they spray painted pasta to make the frame.
This is the purse that the kids got for me. I love it! Eric got me a game called Settlers of Catan. We are addicted to this game!

I have been so blessed with great kids. Being a mom has been fun...and challenging!

But really, who doesn't like a good challenge?

5 comments:

Fran said...

Well, you sure did have a wonderful day!! I love the noodles for the picture frame! ;)

Sweet sweet family you have!
Y'all have a good day!
Hugs~
Fran

Shelley said...

Darlene, your family is just precious! Did that car say "Cupcake Cutie?" That is just adorable. Congratulations to your daughter! It looks like they really wanted to make your Mother's Day special, and that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

cute bag!

Alana said...

That purse is so cute! Love the Mother's Day loot. You just can't beat that stuff!

~*Kathi*~ said...

That purse is awesome!! I love it! Those cars are amazing...I don't have the patience to work on something like that!
hugs
Kathi