Wednesday, February 6, 2008

We Did This Together, He and I

Well, here it is. The post that I have been waiting to do. I seriously cannot believe my eyes when I look at these pictures. With much prayer and work, WE finally did it. It's still a daily decision and it probably always will be, but making healthy choices has become more and more of a habit to me. I have found that it is getting easier to say "no" to the junk. Don't get me wrong, I still give in sometimes, but not as often as I used to.

A girl has got to have her chocolate!

Since this time last year I have shed.....55 lbs! Wow, I just can't believe it.
I am 75 lbs smaller than I was 5 years ago.

I will take you on a short journey through the last 5 or so years of me.


This was taken right before I found out I was expecting Ben. This was the biggest that I had ever been.

This was the Christmas of 2003.

This one was taken in the summer of 2006

This was Christmas of 2006. This was right before I had decided, once again ,to lose the weight.

This picture was taken at Gulf Shores this summer. This was the last picture taken of me before I finally said, " Okay God, I can't do this on my own. I need your help here."
By the way, I don't know what was up with the blonde hair. That was all from the Alabama sun!

Drumroll please........

Here I am today, literally. I went to Curves yesterday and got weighed and measured. I am within 6 lbs of my initial goal. I am very happy with where I am now though.

One more look at where I was...
So there you have it.

10 comments:

Alana said...

Whoa Mama! You look AWESOME! You are such an inspiration to me. Now if only I could figure out how to do that for myself. You must feel like a million bucks!

connorcolesmom said...

THAT is incredible!!
What an accomplishment. You are just beautiful inside and out - God has given you such a great smile, attitude and joy! :)
Blessings,
Kim

Tasha said...

One word comes to mind.Amazing!I am so proud of you!!!!!You are my inspiration to lose the weight I need to loose.You are one HOT MAMA!!

Unknown said...

That is amazing! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!

Fran said...

Hey girl...
Can I just say how PROUD I am of you!!!?? You look incredible and you are absolutely just gorgeous!

You keep going girl. You are stunning!

Thank you too for the prayers for our community. Its been truly devastating and the path of destruction was deep and wide.
Keep praying!

Blessings~
Fran

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is a wonderful accomplshment.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

You look amazing! Wow! You must feel like a million bucks! Go buy a HOT RED DRESS and get outta that house with the hubby and celebrate.

Good for you.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Whoa, Darlene! That is absolutely fantastic! You look wonderful. I's amazing how much younger you look, too. Way to go, Girl!

Rochelle said...

WOW!! You look great! I am NOT where I want to be yet. But this inspired me to keep going! I find it is easier to make those "right" choices as well. Congrats! You look great! I have got to get some pics up too!

Monica said...

Wow, what a transformation!! You should be SO proud. You look so happy, too.