Monday, March 24, 2008

My Poor Little Plant


My sweet secret sister gave me this cute little plant in a bucket for Easter. What she must not know about me is the fact that when plants see me coming, they start praying that they will not be pretty enough for me to buy because they know that their time in full bloom will be short.



Wait, who am I kidding, most of them will never make it to full bloom.



I do not have a green thumb...AT ALL! I have no clue what plants need sun and what needs shade. Did I water them too much or not enough? Are they indoor plants or outdoor plants?

This particular plant is a Lavender plant. It may never see the light of day. I hope it does, but chances are, it won't. I'll have to keep you posted.



Thankfully, I do much better with these...


(This is from two Easter's ago) This is probably not the best picture to use since Ethan is sporting a broken elbow in this one. He did that trying to ride his bike.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there was such a thing as a brown thumb, I think that is what I have.

I can't keep any plants alive...ever.

Alana said...

Well, I wish I could help you out, but I am the EXACT same way! My hubby is the only one with a green thumb around here!

Rochelle said...

I like to garden, but now that I in Texas, by the time I get out of school for the semester it's too hot to anything! Half of them die anyway... so really, it causes me to save money!!

ocean mommy said...

Hi Darlene!

Thanks for your comment today! I'm really looking forward to San Antonio and getting to know you!

We share the "black thumb". I'm doing my best to grow herbs this year, so far it's NOT happening. (We started from seeds this year.)

Keep us posted on your Lavender!

Blessings,
stephanie

Fran said...

I saw where we are both "snapdragons!!" Isn't that funny?!

I love the look of wonderful plants and flowers but I'm no good either! my hubs can do them though.