Monday, March 24, 2008

The Easter Post

HE IS RISEN!!

I'm so sorry that I have been absent for the last few days. I have been s-i-c-k. I don't get sick too often, but I was hit pretty hard last week. The problem was that I really didn't have time to be sick. I didn't have anything contagious, so I kept moving and by Saturday afternoon, I was totally beat. I slept 12 hours Saturday night and close to that last night. I feel much better today, so "Woo-Hoo"

I hope that you all had a beautiful Easter Day. We went to my sister's church and then to her house for lunch and an Easter egg hunt. The kids had a great time with their cousins. My sister's Pastor and his family were there too. They don't have family that lives around here, so it was nice to have them with us. I love Easter. He is risen!

By the looks of Sarah in her Easter dress you would think that it was warm here... it's not!
Aubrey enjoying a cross cookie
hunting for those eggs
Cutie Chloe
Emma
Erin

We celebrated Easter with Eric's side of the family on Saturday. Our church also held it's first Easter Egg Hunt and the kids had a ball doing that. They hid the eggs outside for the older kids and it was snowing big ol' flakes! The kids loved that. Sarah found one of the three "empty" eggs that were hidden. The empty eggs stood for the empty tomb. Someone in our church donated 3 ten dollar bills to the kids that found the empty eggs. She was pretty happy about that.


Back -tracking a day, we had a busy Friday. We had two egg hunts at the school and two awards programs. All three of the kids were on the honor roll and we were so proud of them for that. Ethan even improved his grades from the last nine weeks, so he received an award for that, too.



Eric and I went to a Selah concert on Friday night. I really wish that I would have been feeling better, but I still enjoyed spending Good Friday at that concert. Todd Smith sang "Were You There" accapella and it was unbelievable. His voice is so smooth and beautiful. The whole concert was great, but that song will always stick out.






This is Spring Break week for us, so the house is abuzz with children's voices this morning. I have Cassidy this week too, so we'll be hoppin'!



No comments: