Thursday, December 20, 2007

Pride, it came before the fall...literally

A few days ago, I wrote about this trip that I took with my girlfriends last weekend. On this trip I got to do something that I haven't done for about 15 years. I got to buy a pair of jeans in a size 8. I was so excited and so proud!

Monday morning, I decided to wear them. I put them on, glad that the whole box of Good & Plenty's that I ate on the way home hadn't done any damage. And as long as I'm coming clean, I ate a Reese's Big Cup too. In my own defense, I did run on Monday night...out of guilt.

On with the story. I came downstairs, put on my boots and went into the bathroom to do my hair and take a gander in the mirror before I headed out the door. I thought to myself, "You're looking pretty good in those size 8 jeans, girl." (I know, I know, it's so bad. I am so embarrassed that I am telling this.) So, I proceeded to walk through the kitchen and into the laundry area. As I stepped down the one and only step, I got the heel of my boot caught on the step and fell flat on my face.

This is the first thing that I thought of:

Proverbs 16:18 - Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall. (KJV)

Thank You Lord, I got the message...as did my knees and elbows. ;)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha! Oh no are you OK? Poor thing! You do look great! Keep up the good work!

Alana said...

Ouch...that had to hurt. Although probably hurt less in those size 8 jeans!

Tasha said...

OH Girlllll!Those jeans are so scandalous!HA!Love ya!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Ouch...to the bumb and the pride :)

I am so impressed with your committment to prayer and changing your eating habits. Praise God for a healthier you!