Thursday, December 27, 2007

The After Christmas Post

I know that's an original title and all, but it is what it is. Anyway, after spending the day yesterday cleaning up the mess that Christmas morning can leave behind, I can finally sit down and write something.
We started our celebrating on Christmas Eve at Eric's parents house with all of his family. We had a great time playing games and opening gifts and being together. Oh, and we ate...a lot.
The kids' great - grandma made them all a blanket. She has been working on these for some time now. She has had to stop for illness between her and Eric's grandpa, but she finally got them done. The kids all love them and Ben carries his all over the house.

Everyone was able to be there all day except for one. The kids had to wait until 4 to open presents because that was when Cindy got home, so Eric's mom decided to let them have their stockings earlier to hold them until then.
We have 8 nieces and nephews on this side, all but two are age 10 or under. Then you add in our 3 and I'm sure that I don't have to explain the volume in the house. The one thing that did ring out over all the noise was the song "Leroy the Red-Neck Reindeer" because, well, we are a classy bunch!
I can explain this picture in one word, "ORNERY" Can you see it?
Santa came for a visit too. This was the first year that he came to the house. The kids were pretty excited about that.
On Christmas morning, we were awakened by child #2 around 5 o'clock A.M. We sent here back to bed for another hour. I know, we're mean like that. I asked the kids yesterday what their favorite gift was.




We went to my parents house on Christmas Day. On this side of the family we have 10 kids, 8 of them 10 and under. The kids love getting together with their cousins to play. And again, we ate. It's hard to think that in, say, 5 short years this picture will have 5 teenagers in it.

The highlight of the day was the Heelys that my mom and dad got for the older kids. They spent most of the day in the garage learning how to use them. Ben chased them around with a remote control car because he's kind of ornery like that. He was a little blue that he didn't get any, but I thought he was still a little too small still. He didn't think so.


On Christmas night, My sister, mom and I went to Indianapolis and picked up our cousin from the airport. He came up here with the hopes of seeing snow, but so far all he has seen is the dirty piles in the parking lots! We are looking forward to having fun with him over the next week.



After all is said and done, we are so thankful to the One that came to this earth to be born to die on Calvary for the sins of this world.


For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. Romans 14:11





2 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Great pics!

Don't make them teenagers...yet :) That was a great shot of everyone!

Happy New Year Darlene!

Melody said...

You know, the first year that Ben and I were married, we headed up to Indiana to spend Christmas with his mother, and this Texas girl was looking forward to her first-ever white Christmas...

...except it NEVER snowed! It was 16 degrees outside and not a flake!

I guess we'll have to go visit my family in Minnesota if we are going to get to see a white Christmas!