Monday, November 19, 2007

Are YOU smarter than a fifth grader?

I am not smarter than a 5th grader. It saddens me to admit that, but I'm not. My son will soon pass me up. I was looking up El Paso, TX on Google maps today and found out that I totally stink at Geography. I had no clue that El Paso was on the west side of Texas, under New Mexico. I thought it was south. Man, even at thirty-two, I'm still learning something new every day.

On to something different now. I have mentioned before that we are running in the 4 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. All 5 of us are going to participate. The kids are going to do the one mile walk with my mom and we are doing the 4 miles. I ran the course on Saturday, and lets just say that I'm not in it to win. Finishing is my goal, hopefully without having to walk...we'll see. I can say though that I am very happy that I found this at Target. I absolutely love it and it does it's job very well. Let's just say I had an unfortunate costume malfunction last week that prompted me to seek out better support for, you know, stuff. (can I get an Amen from Tasha please!)

So this weekend we had two Thanksgiving dinners to attend. The first one was on Saturday, at my mom and dad's and the second one was on Sunday evening at Eric's mom and dad's. Oh and I shot a 22. I haven't shot a gun in like 18 years. I actually hit the Diet Coke can that my bro-in-law put in the field. It was kinda fun. Unfortunately, we don't have any picture proof, but believe me, I did it.

After many years of trying, we finally got a good picture of all of the Rogers grand kids. This is some crew, so this picture is nothing short of a miracle. Dustin, the oldest, is graduating in the spring, so this could quite possibly be the last one with all of the kids in it. The ages are 17,15,10,8,7,6,5,3,2,1,& 4 months. Whew! Holidays are energetic, to say the least.





1 comment:

Shelley said...

Oh my! I was just catching up on your blog, and I have So much to say! We just did the Tom Turkey thing for the first time! We dressed ours up like a Cat! It was quite a fun project. And sometimes I think I might go crazy when Ellie is cutting things out for her letters of the week! We do two letters per week, and can I just say that it can be Darn hard to find 3 things to cut out that start with the letter "V"!

And then there's the family picture...Thank you for posting about that, because That is where I am now! Our last picture session was in August, and it took 2 hours and 4 photographers! I was about in tears by the end, convinced that we are the Craziest family ever! I'm glad to see that it happened to someone else, and that apparantly it gets easier!