Thursday, October 9, 2008

5 Reasons Why I Blog

This has to be the worst blogging block that I have ever had and quite frankly... IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

A few weeks ago, Heather tagged me to do this meme about how blogging has affected me. I am going to try to tackle it and see if it leads to any type of "bloggy breakthrough". I can't really say that these are five ways blogging has affected me, but they are five reasons why I blog... Close enough!


Here are the rules:
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively
2. link back to the person who tagged you
3. link back to this parent post (UM. not sure about this rule..)
4. tag a few friends or five, or none at all
5. post these rules— or just have fun breaking them.

Ok, so here I go:

#1 - The first thing that comes to mind when I think about blogging is how many wonderful people I have come in contact with and how many friendships that have developed. Back in August, I was so blessed to be able to meet some of these friends face to face in San Antonio. To be able to actually see and talk to and hug the necks of these ladies was something that I will always remember. And of course I can't forget the one "miesta"!

#2 - I have really enjoyed being able to record some of the funny things that my kids have said or done. As my regular readers know, I LOVE to share pictures, too!

#3 - The hardest thing that has come from blogging is finding the words to write a post that others can learn something from. I don't do well writing serious posts, so most of mine are fun and family-centered. I love my bloggy friends that can write amazing posts that make me think. You all are so much more wise than I will EVER be!

#4 - I got into blogging after stumbling upon Beth Moore's blog. I started mine and then went about 6 months before I actually took the time to figure it all out. Now I can't imagine my life without this crazy bloggy world. It has become a part of who I am.

#5 - This is going to sound so strange, but my typing has improved tremendously over the last year and a half! That is one big positive!

I guess I am supposed to tag some friends to do this, but I have noticed that many of you have already done it. If you haven't and you want to than you have been officially tagged. :)

I guess I need to get my camera out and start snapping some pictures. Those everyday random shots are the ones that usually make for good posts! If I can nab the picture that my pastor took of Eric and me the other day, I will tell you all about the apple pie that my husband made.

YUM-MY!

I have some activities coming up in the next few weeks that will probably be bloggable. The most interesting will be when I go with the high school kids from the academy at our church to the meat processing plant.

Um, have I mentioned that I don't like to touch, smell or even look at raw chicken? How am I supposed to watch them process meat?

WHAT I've gotten myself into this time? :o

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks so much for doing this meme. I think you may be way harder on yourself...your posts are great! That's why I keep coming back!

I feel for you on the meat processing plant. I so could NOT go. Seriously. I am thisclose to being a vegetarian as it is. Meat is gross.

Shelley said...

Meat Processing?!

There is NO WAY I could stomach that!

You have a great blog. Sometimes we all have our moments/days/weeks when things don't seem very blogable. I love your mix of family, pictures, funny posts, and friends. That's life!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I echo you on 2 and 3. I'm gonna do this meme, too.