Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Don't put vinegar in the pink one

I was going to do a Wordless Wednesday with this photo today....

But yesterday was so full I just had to record some of it. Ethan had his last basketball game last night and they lost by one point. It was a very good game. I never knew that an elementary basketball game could be exciting! Here he is (12) getting under that basket, which you can't see because I didn't get it in the picture. He is learning that his height and size can be used to his advantage when rebounding a ball.

They couldn't have done this if they tried! Somehow the ball got stuck on the top of the basket, ever so neatly.
The cheer leading coach was kind enough to let Sarah cheer with the girls. Their eyes are really not evil, although they look it here. the only thing I don't care for about our cheerleaders is the need to have the shorts rolled 4 times so that the seam is going up the, you know. The girls from the team that we played had on shorts that came just above the knee. I made it a point to tell their coach that I appreciated that.
This was the game that the grandparents got to come to. The games are usually at 3:30, so it too early for them to get there. Ethan liked having them there.
Last night, after the game and after clearing it with the gas company, we boiled eggs for coloring. Oh yeah, that gas company remark was because there is work being done about a block from us and the road crew hit a gas line. There was a wonderful scent in the air, but nothing exploded, so that was a bonus!

Coloring eggs has become more fun now that the kids are a little older.





Notice that there are no pink eggs. This would be because yours truly didn't read the package first and put vinegar in the pink coloring and apparently that will cause the pink to NOT WORK!
Tomorrow starts the fun of baking and decorating cookies and cakes. I also have to clean for my jewelry party (yuck to the cleaning).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about pink, good to know for tomorrow.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

It cracks me up that you had a foul smell from the gas problem AND boiled eggs. Are you a glutton for punishment?!

Alana said...

I agree the egg coloring is so much more fun now that they my kids are getting older. We had a blast doing that yesterday. Happy Easter!

NeedANap2 said...

Sounds like we have several things in common - I agree yuck to the cleaning part! I also take Claritin-D (found your comment from BooMama's post). It's so expensive though!!