Monday, October 19, 2009

Wow, it's a new post!

Hello All! It's been a long time! We've been busy, busy, busy up here in the north. I hope you are prepared to see lots of pictures because, well, you about to.

I will start off this post with a prayer request for our niece, Zadyn. She is very sick and had to have an appendectomy today. Her appendix is believed to have burst around Thursday. She is on the mend, but will be going through a long healing process. Please pray for her and her family, specifically that she will not pull any of the tubes out that are bothering her. She has a central line for meds and she is not too fond of it! She is 3 years old.


Next, I will tell you that I made my first round of cinnamon rolls ever. Have I told you this already? Man, I can't remember! I guess I could look back, but I won't. :) These rolls turned out surprisingly well.
We even let the kids get up and eat a little bit before they went to sleep. How mean to make them smell them baking and then not letting them taste!

Fast forward to about a week or two ago.....after 3 years, yes...3 YEARS....I finally got the windowsill painted! When we painted our house a few years ago, we left the air conditioners in so that we wouldn't get too hot. WELL, my thought was that I would paint where the air conditioner was after we took them out for the winter.
That so did NOT happen!
So, 3 years later my husband brings in the paint and says, "Look what I found!"
Well, to make a long story short, the windowsill is finally painted. :)





Ok, what's next?
Oh yes, last Thursday was had our Youth Pastor and his family over for dessert and games. We had fun talking smack to one another while we played some game that I don't even know the name to. In the end, the men were victorious (whatever) :P.
The kids were thrilled to get a chance to hold the newest addition to our youth pastor's family. He's so precious.




Pastor Brian ran in his first marathon on Saturday. Because of the early wake up and drive time, we kept the kids for them Friday night. We had a ball with them! We are so going to miss having them around.



On Saturday night, we went to the annual hayride for church. This is by far my favorite activity of the year.







After helping with the clean-up, a few of us to a nighttime hayride. We had one whole wagon for couples only...and Barb. :) Her husband was driving, so we allowed her on our wagon ;).






Finally, last night we sent our youth pastor and his family off to their next ministry with a big fellowship after church. I can't even describe how hard it was to watch them pull out of the parking lot this afternoon. So much harder than I ever anticipated. The Lord is good though, and we know that whatever He has in store will be so much better than anything we could ever imagine. We love them so much and will miss them greatly. If you could pray for our church and our pastor as we begin our search for the new man that God has for us.

Pastor Brian and Ethan

Here, Pastor Brian talks to my nephew about continuing the use his talents for the Lord. My nephew has a definite gift of piano playing. Pastor Brian's wife was his teacher for the last several years.

Ethan getting a chance to hold the baby. He wasn't home when they came over and he wasn't about to miss out on holding him. :)I put this one in here for Aunt Mary. I know that she would like to see a picture of Ginger. Ginger is our secretary at church.
Our two families, one more time. They are so special to us. We have enjoyed them so, so much. We look forward to stopping by to see them when we travel south to see my family. They just happen to be right on the way!




My parents, with Pastor Brian.

This picture totally cracks me up! She couldn't stop blinking with the flash, so she just held her eyes open~ so funny!



So, that's our past few weeks in a nutshell. We've been through a myriad of emotions, but we know that in the end, God's will will be accomplished in it all.


No comments: