Monday, July 7, 2008

Alabama... It's HOT there.


Let me start out by saying that I took around 500 pictures on vacation.

I know. It's an illness. I'm sure there's some -itis out there for it.


Obviouisly, I didn't post ALL of them on here. I tried again to use Photobucket to make a slide show and well, we just aren't getting along right now. It's a sad situation.


And so, I give you the shortened version of our vacation...


We got to Aunt Mary's around 6pm, just in time for supper.


After supper we had to hit the pool. We waste NO time, people!
We spent a majority of our time in the pool. That southern sun will fry you up good!
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 JUMP! That's what Madison said every time she jumped. Every 150 times that she jumped!
A day at the pool is not complete without eating lunch on the deck. I sat on this very deck and ate lunch as a young'un. Aunt Mary always had ice cream cones in the afternoon. I have pictures, of course. I decided not to post those.
On Wednesday we went to a local park to have a picnic and play in the big fountain. We played on the playground until Madison and her mommy came. It was toasty. As you can see from the picture, I really don't want to grow up!



Neither does Aunt Mary!
Mom, it's hhhooootttt!
About the hot thing... this slide was burning! Can you tell that NO skin was touching?
We played a little ball...

After Madison got there, I had a photo shoot with her. These are some of the better shots that I took of her. She is a sweet little thing.

I did not pose her, she did this on her own! So cute.


I just love this shot. They were having a conversation about something.

Probably baby dolls or butterflies.

Lunchtime!
This is what the fountian looked like when we first got there.
Sweet
Group Pic

After our day in the park, we met some family for dinner at a local steakhouse. Yum!
Here, Madison is telling her D-Daddy (great grandpa) some story.
Checking out the peanuts
This is me with my cousins Calvin, Curtis and his wife Amanda, and Hunter. Thanks for dinner, Calvin! ;)
Uncle Frank and Aunt Mary
Sandra (my cousin)and Ben
Madison (my cousin) loved brushing my hair. She tried to brush Eric's and said, "I can't" with a long A, of course!
Eric and Maddie
Precious Picture. My favorite of the whole trip.
Sarah spent many hours on the diving board
This was the Forth of July. The kids were being goofy.

I found these matching shirt at the Lifeway Store in Franklin, TN.
Ben and Sarah watching the fireworks with about a million other people.
We have an actress on our hands!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Lovely photos!

Fran said...

Welcome to the South my friend!!
It looks like you had a perfect trip though!! The pix are awesome!

Have a great day Darlene.
Hugs~

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! Yay! It looks like your vacation was fabulous!

Shelley said...

That looks like a great vacation! I look forward to that, actually ENJOYING a trip with my kids. :)

Janelle and Ella said...

I love that you didn't waste anytime to hit the pool! That's exactly how it should be. :-)
Great photo shoot with Madison!!!

Alana said...

Wow, that was a lot of pictures, but I thoroughly enjoyed each one. LOVED the one of you on the monkey bars!