Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Cleaning

These are not two of my favorite words. I really don't like to clean. I love the results, I just don't like getting to them!
I am about to confess to you something that I am SO embarrassed about. I didn't even know that I could tilt my top windows in and clean them! I have lived here for almost 9 years and never knew that! Nobody ever showed me how to work those things, so I just thought that only the bottom ones would tilt in. Needless to say, my windows will be much cleaner in the future!


I know, it's terrible.


Anyway, I decided to get some cleaning done today and I came to a wonderful conclusion...my children are FINALLY old enough to help me and I don't have to redo what they did because they can actually do good work. It's an amazing thing! We had a pretty good time doing it, too. They can last about one hour and that is what it took to get our front room done. We have the middle room and kitchen to go. After that, well, I will probably have to do it myself. sigh.







On a different note, I ran 2 1/2 miles outside for the first time this season, and I forgot how tough it is to run against the wind. I will feel it in the morning...I am already feeling it in my calves. Ouch.


Speaking of ouch, I was doing dishes yesterday and broke a glass that I was cleaning out. I cut my hand and do you know that it would not stop bleeding? It bled for a long time, but we decided that it didn't need stitches (thankfully) and I was NOT going to let my husband super- glue it, thank you very much!

We decided that we would feel better if someone else looked at it, but my mom and dad were out of town.


So, who do you call when you need your mom and she's gone?


The church secretary, of course! She's known me forever and can do just about anything. She was more than happy to come over and take a look. She fixed me up, bless her heart.


And you know what? She NEVER mentioned super-glue.



5 comments:

Shelley said...

Wow, I can't wait for my kids to be able to REALY help me! :) And so sorry about your hand, I hope it feels better fast!

Fran said...

Girl...I miss ya! How are you???

Alana said...

I'm with Shelley, can't wait for my kids all be old enough to do that...sweet!

Also, I actually do know my windows do that, but I still have never done it! ;-)

Christine said...

Been Spring cleaning here as well...it looks as though you have way more helpers then me though! lol @ your window discovery and how cool is that! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

Tasha said...

New Post Please!Love ya!